3b – Smart sensors and Space 4.0
In this video we will look at how the advancements in the reduction in costs and miniaturisation of technology, are creating and helping to fuel development and disruptive innovation across the EO and space industry, and what these disruptive technologies and innovations are.
Advancements in technology and cost reduction have opened up far more potential for EO and space than we ever had before. The increased accessibility to space and EO means that more entrepreneurs and research actors are able to come into this ecosystem and innovate and test out new possibilities, in many new areas and applications faster and cheaper than ever before.
Thanks to ICEYE, Earth-i, Planet and Clyde Space for animations included in this video
- Iarla Kilbane-Dawe
- Adina Gillespie
- Bryan Lawrence
- Stephen Spittle
Optional further reading
- ICEYE satellite missions List of ICEYE’s satellite missions with more information as mentioned by Adina
- ICEYE’s radar solution BBC report on ICEYE’s radar solution
- Neuromorphic computing A video explaining how neuromorphic computing works and it’s benefits
- Clyde Space
- SSTL The Surrey Satellite Technology Ltd website
- Talking small satellites A video from ESA’s Phi week on small satellites
- What is Space 4.0? Short ESA article on Space 4.0
Download the video
To download the video above please click the ‘Download video’ button located on the top-right.
Download the transcript
You can download the video transcript pdf below onto your computer by opening the document, right-clicking and selecting the save option.